Thursday, October 4, 2007

Chris Carrabba Doesn't Ruin "El Scorcho"

Dashboard Confessional's newest full-length dropped on Tuesday, which after one quick listen I thought something terrible happened to front man Chris Carrabba's voice. Maybe I just haven't listened to Dashboard in quite sometime, but I'm currently listening to him as I type this and there seems to be nothing wrong. Obviously a bit more produced than his older stuff, but I originally thought Carrabba went through puberty a decade and a half late.

The real point of this post is that the band currently has a pretty solid cover of Weezer's "El Scorcho" on their MySpace page now. While you are there you can listen to their new album and let me know if I'm not the only one who had that odd first reaction.

The cover along with various other ones can be found on the album The Wire Tapes: Volume One, which is only available at Dashboard shows. The nearest one being at the Palladium in Worcester, Mass. on November 8 and 9. Who knows who is opening though--their MySpace page and official website are useless. Either way, the track listing for The Wire Tapes is as followed:

1. "Theme From Volume One" (They Might Be Giants)
2. "Valens" (The Movielife)
3. "El Scorcho" (Weezer)
4. "A Year in the Past, Forever in the Future" (Grade)
5. "Overkill" (Men at Work)
6. "If I Needed You" (Townes Van Zandt)
7. "Angels of the Silences" (Counting Crows)
8. "Catch" (The Cure)
9. "Pretty Pathetic" (Smoking Popes)
10. "Crazy" (The Afghan Whigs)
11. "Better" (Regina Spektor)

No comments: