Let the hype begin! Super Smash Bros. Brawl hits stores in Japan this Thursday, but it seems some advance copies are flooding message boards and YouTube with plenty of footage of the game. Below is footage of the introduction of the game. It is actually more epic than Cloverfield and runs about 80 minutes shorter. Impressive to say the least.
Many are speculating that there will be 35 playable characters in the game. All but one of those 35 have been revealed already by those leaking screen shots and videos. (With that said continue at your own risk. There will be unlockables revealed below). I'm assuming they haven't got far enough in the game to get the 35th and maybe even more so after that (Edit: the 35th was discovered as I wrote this. Check below). If you want to unlock the characters yourself without knowing who they will be, I suggest you skip the following screen shot and the video.
You should be able to figure out the 34 with that screen shot. You can always click to enlarge or watch the first few seconds on this video. You can continue watching for some Wind Waker Link (or "Toon Link") versus Ganondorf. Also shows off the awesome Wind Waker stage.
As I'm writing this Star Wolf (from the Star Fox series) has just been confirmed as the 35th and possibly last character. The only reason why some say he is the last is because the player grid fits nicely with Wolf added, but nothing is official yet. There are no screen shots of Wolf either, but I'll throw up an update when one becomes available.
Some quick impressions of the game are awe and excitement. Everyone will obviously have their complaints of characters that could have been included, but I recall people (myself included) dreaming of Sonic ever since the first Smash Bros. and now he's here. So wishes are being granted, just not all of them. I'm not going to complain about R.O.B. or Toon Link simply because every fighting game needs characters who aren't outright awesome, and they aren't that bad. March 9th couldn't come sooner.
In an attempt to get comments on this story: Despite never playing the game, who would you pick as your 'main' character? I would say first, but then everyone would pick a newcomer. Obviously it depends on game play, but I'm going with Meta Knight with Lucario closely behind.
Update: I added the newest and probably final screen shot of the character selection screen.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
More Characters/Details Revealed as Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hits Japan
Posted by
Mark Rowan
at
11:12 PM
Labels: video games
No comments:
Post a Comment