Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's the Weekend!

So, wow, it's the weekend and a quick look at the calendar we dug up shows that there's really nothing to do Saturday. By now I assume you drank your Friday evening away due to the snow storm. I know I should have.

Sunday has some promise with Wilco and Geoff Mullen in New Haven. One (Mullen) is free, so that is an easy choice. So what to do Saturday? All the major movies that opened this weekend (Be Kind Rewind, Charlie Bartlett and Vantage Point) got less than stellar reviews (68, 54 and 34% on Rotten Tomatoes, respectively). The Spiderwick Chronicles seems to be the only movie in theaters that doesn't look awful.

So I say, find a bar, maybe one that features karaoke, or roll the dice on one of these movies. I'm going to provide the trailers for and suggest either Be Kind Rewind or The Spiderwick Chronicles. It's probably quite obviously what you're going to be getting out of either of those. A Jack Black comedy that I personally thought looked great a couple months ago when I first saw the trailer featuring Mos Def, who was awesome in 16 Blocks. Or a PG, fantasy-film similar to The Golden Compass where the main character was actually one of the main voices from The Golden Compass. You'll know what you'd lean towards, but either way here's the trailers.

Be Kind Rewind


The Spiderwick Chronicles

No comments: