Sunday, April 20, 2008

Batman versus Sub-Zero?

Nick posted this yesterday and then was going nuts about it when we were drinking last night, so I figured I would repost it here. Apparently, Midway is making a Mortal Kombat vs. DC Comics game. It seems pretty cool, until you really think about it.

"However, the idea of a game like Mortal Kombat, known for its gory fatalities, pairing with the likes of anti-killing superheroes like Batman and Superman still seems far-fetched." - Newsarama.

It'll be interesting to see how they collide these two worlds. I can't help but think this is a little too late to hop on the whole versus train. X-Men/Marvel vs. Street Fighter/Capcom did a great job with it in the mid to late 90s. So anyone who was a fan of that game may have their expectations a bit too high. Remember, Mortal Kombat hasn't really put out a good game since 1995 (Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance actually wasn't terrible, but still).

No comments: